You are hereCSR › COMMUNITIES
Speller Metcalfe recognise that the construction projects we carry out can have a major impact on local communities, and we endeavour to do everything we can to make this impact a positive one.
- We aim to source two thirds of subcontractors within 30 miles of any project to directly benefit the local community.
- Engage with communities to inform them of how schemes will be managed and deliver key updates and milestones (e.g. site tours, neighbour open evenings, blogs, project information boards).
- Ensure a clear point of contact for the general public.
- Enrol all projects through the national Considerate Constructors’ Scheme.
- Employ and train local apprentices where possible.